"Iudaea (Judea) Province in the First Century"
Roman Empire provinces using Biblical names - 1st century CE
Commentary by blogger, Bronwyn Llewellyn (BL, BronnyNZ)
BA Classical Studies
Otago University, NZ
- Did the Arabian-Palestinas hand down oral traditions and stories correctly therefore, of a wise, philosophic young man who performed healing miracles and offered compassionate advice to ordinary people? - a man with long uncut hair, as depicted in Christian iconography from its beginnings in 325 CE, right up to today?
- Is memory of this long-haired man that changed the world's thinking towards sovereignty and living free from an oppressor, still within the collective human consciousness today?
- How is it that even modern painters "just know" that Jesus has long hair and is dressed in white? - They don't. But "something" is so firmly embedded in the collective human consciousness that they just couldn't conceive painting a Jesus with the short Jewish haircut. It's impossible.
- Since Apollonius was a Pythagorean Nazarean, he would wear no animal hide, so he walked with bare feet upon the ground as many indigenous nations do even today, and because he would wear no animal fibre, he only wore white linen. Linen is made from flax fibres after the fleshy layers have been broken down and scraped away. It is extremely durable and lasts for decades.
- In 325 CE in Nicea, did the Roman "Church Fathers" (the Roman elite patricians) decide to rename this visitor to 1st century Arabia-Palestina who had hailed from Asia Minor (modern day Turkey), as one "Iesus Christus"?
- Did they then reassemble those Apollonius stories from Arabia-Palestina and other places around the Mediterranean for their own liking and purpose?
- Were the deeds of the Turkish-Greek Apollonius which became centred around the region of Biblical Judea, now in need of a Jewish hero?
- Were these "Church Fathers" (men of these Roman elite families) compelled to do this because they had discovered the legend of Apollonius of Tyana in the Roman Empire was simply, unsuppressable?
- Was the only solution to merge Roman Mithraism and the ever-popular Egyptian Horus-Isis-Osiris stories with the life and deeds of the Pythagorean orator and healer, Apollonius of Tyana?
- Was the only strategy left to those Roman "Church Fathers", to "muddy the pool" and detract from Apollonius' message of personal sovereignty and direct communication with the great "Primordial Unity" [my term], and introduce (as seen in these other cults) an intermediary priest and a "saviour"?
An Empire of course, can't extract funds off people when they are gathering in their own homes. Great churches and edifices needed to be built, to keep the weekly tithes rolling in, least the parishoners end up in "eternal damnation" !!
This renaming and creation of this "Iesus Christus" figure I feel was to intentionally hide the fact of who this traveller to Arabia-Palestina really was:
And please remember: There was no internet back in the day (1-3 CE), no printing presses, no radios - so individuals had no way to publicize what was happening in their small village as this great philosopher, orator and healer swept through the Mediterranean world like a bottlebrush, getting into every corruption-filled little corner.
The story of this strangely dressed man with his "revolutionary" ideas that burst like desert flowers from the topsoil of Pythagorean thought, would have spread around the whole Roman Empire like a purposefully burning wildfire (slow, none-the-less). This word-of-mouth teaching would, by my estimation, have taken around 200 years to permeate to all of Europe, the near East and the north of Africa. As they say, "you can't 'unhear' a thing once you've heard it", and the Pythagorean message of peace and personal sovereignty would have ripped into Rome's tough exterior like a truckload of TNT! "The preacher" had to be put down! - even posthumously.
As we have now with CNN, ABC, BBC Fox News, et al., the Roman Empire, which I feel became centralized at the Vatican on behalf of the elite patrician families, certainly wasn't into disseminating the truth! The 'battle' was on... Who would win the propaganda war?
And that's a very good start!
Keep spreading the Truth! The "revolution" will not be won by an individual standing as "saviour". The "revolution" is to be won by us all !!
A Jew with long hair? I don't think so.